Monday, June 11, 2007

Yarn & Online Orders

So, I ordered some of this lush-looking yarn in the color olive just over a week ago. No, it wasn't on sale when I ordered 11 balls of it. *Sigh* I feel somewhat jipped.

Especially since my order of this cotton/linen blend, ordered a good 5 days later, arrived today. That's right, it came from Canada in easily half the time the American order took, and that's assuming it arrives tomorrow. Admittedly, I chose priority mail from elann.com because it was only 10 cents more and knitpicks.com is shipping my stuff for free.

I am still mad that I'm spending nearly $9.00 more than I would have if I had just waited five days. I know, I know, why would they tell me? The sale wasn't on yet when I ordered. *Grrrrrr*, is all I have to say. The sad thing is I wouldn't have felt as bad if it had been a color that they didn't put on sale.

In other news, I got to see the book I ordered (at a store, since the order has yet to arrive). I'm about to die, it is even so much better than I had anticipated! I WANT MY BOOK!

I also bullied my mother into giving/loaning me her cotton handcards. They're antiques that have been in our family for a long time. Although apparently you can get the same type on eBay for $10.00. I'm wondering if it's the same price (with inflation factored in) that they would have cost new. It wouldn't surprise me. I definitely need more practice on them but they're a whole lot better than dog brushes for carding fiber!

Mmmmmmmm, yarn. Um, sorry, are you still here? That's all I had to say. I haven't really been doing anything productive lately. Just a little swatching here and there for a pattern I'm trying to design. It will be a long time coming though, so don't hold your breath.

No comments: