I spun the yarn, I developed a yarn-sparse pattern to work with it, and I knitted it. And I sewed in a bit of elastic to act as a bra. (I needed it). And I even have a few in-progress shots for you!
These pictures are from when I figured out how to do the back straps. We have a racerback!
(I'm not whispering sweet nothings to my camera. Seriously. He prefers candy).
Then I finally finished it. I took these pics, and then I took out the bind-off because it was too tight. Also my left boob kept trying to sneak down into the brown part and escape the shaping that I put so much work into making.
So I redid the bind-off very loosely, sewed in some elastic at the bottom of the green section, and I washed and dried it. Mostly. It took forever in the dryer and the right boob section just wouldn't finish drying and I got tired of waiting on it.
I think it fits nicer in the back when I'm not twisted.
So, here's crossing my fingers that the straps won't stretch to the ends of the earth.