Thursday, April 24, 2008

V-Neck Completion

I finished the v-neck tanktop I've been working on for the last month and a half. I took a ton of photos too, but I'm not going to bog down this post with too many of them.

This is a tanktop that I've been working on for a while. It's not quite as sexy as I was wanting, but it's pretty close. I used a cashmere-silk blend that I recycled from a thrift store tank top (and it is sooooooo nice).

My gauge was 6.5 stitches and 9 rows to the inch on #5 needles (coincidentally the same gauge I got with Sanguine Gryphon's Dance yarn on #4 needles, although I wasn't trying to match gauges).

This recycled yarn is a lot clingier than Dance and shows off my features and my flaws pretty exactly. I really like how it fits in the back, but there are a few small details I would tweak with the front shaping. They're sufficiently minor for me to consider this design a full success as it stands!

Front View

Back View

Action Shot

Dress Model - Front

Dress Model - Back

No comments: