Thursday, April 24, 2008

Picnic Blanket

Picnic blanket, or beach blanket. I've been saving old jeans for years to make this. We've recently gone to the beach, and started going out to a nearby field to fly kites. It was time to get busy and make this a finished project.

I cut up my jeans into 7x7, 7x14, and 7x3.5 inch rectangles (plus selvages) to try to get the most from my old jeans. It took forever to cut them all up. And to arrange them. And to sew, and sew, and sew them. But I am so happy with the final result and I know we'll get a lot of use out of it.

My little model helped me out by providing scale for my pictures. :^)

IMG_1801

IMG_1799

2 comments:

Nik said...

Cool. I didn't know you were making this. I thought you shared all of your crafty projects with me.

I feel so out of the loop.

Lystessa said...

Ooops, I guess it will hurt your feelings when I finally get around to taking pics of the skirt, dress, and pajama bottoms that I also sewed recently... ;^)

Haha, the sewing stuff goes so much faster than the knitting that I don't always manage to talk about it before it's done.

Pssst - I'm plotting to make some little zipper bags shaped like rectangular boxes. I think they will be fun for small knitting projects.