Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ready, Set, GO!

I've been making stuff and not posting, and now I'm drowning in undocumented craftiness! Oh, the mountain of pictures to edit. ;^)

Let's start with these legwarmers. I've wanted to make legwarmers for myself for a very long time, and just couldn't completely decide on a style and yarn. Then I spun up this decadent shetland wool/mohair/angora blend from Avillion Farm. I knew this yarn wanted to be something special that I would wear for ages. I got the pattern from Weekend Knitting. Most of the patterns are pretty basic but really allow a fancy yarn to shine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love these legwarmers. They are so warm and soft and squishy. And believe it or not I did actually use them already, while we were in the mountains. It was colder than we were expecting and I had a lot of motivation to get the last one finished! I was happy to get some use out of them the last night we were there.

No comments: