Saturday, February 18, 2006

My First Socks

I finally pestered my husband into asking me to knit something for him. Well, I was kind of pressuring him towards a hat but he was always like "No, I've got a hat. It works fine,...." Yes he has a hat and it works fine but it's nothing much to look at and he's had it for ages.

But he didn't ask me for a hat. Oh no, he asks me for something I've never made before: socks. Lucky for me he wanted house socks (simple, thick, warm). But I didn't have a favorite pattern and so I had to hunt.

I found Bigfoot Socks. And here are some pics, yay!


On our table:
Image hosting by Photobucket


On his feet:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Mmmmm, house socks. And I used wool-ease, so even though they used nearly two balls of yarn it only cost $3.00, they're warm and soft, and we can throw them through the wash. I really did want to use some more luxurious yarn but I figured he probably wouldn't have the patience to wash them by hand.

And now I only have one WIP left on my needles. I'm tempted to try to finish it before starting anything new... but that probably won't happen.


P.S.- I know I posted two days in a row. Don't get used to it. ;^)

No comments: