Thursday, December 08, 2005

Diaper Cover turned Skirt

I started this as a diaper cover. Well I should say that I saw this yarn and just had to have it. I then justified its purchase by starting a diaper cover...but then I thought "this seems like it might be too thin. I don't want to take it all apart but how can I deal with the frustration if it really is too thin???" So I switched gears and finished it as a skirt for a friend instead.

(In progress, on my workspace)
Image hosted by

Image hosted by

Image hosted by

Thanks to Curly Purly for the pleated waistband option!
Curly Purly Patterns

Thanks to Punk_Knitters for the original diaper cover pattern!

I made the skirt part by doing a {yo, k1, yo} at equal intervals. (For this it was 10-stitch groups on the first row). Every other row I knit across in the round. On every other pattern row, I also did {sl 1, k2tog, psso} evenly spaced between the increases. This helped keep it from growing too fast. At the bottom I ended the pattern with the increase row and followed with 3 rows of moss stitch.

No comments: