Friday, October 05, 2007

A Floppy Hat

I finished something! It is a floppy hat.

I dyed the yarn purple and blue and green (with white space between the colors). But I didn't care for it much once it was knitted, so I tried overdyeing with burgundy. (I expected two shades of purple, brown, and burgundy at the end). Instead, I got several shades of brown. I decided I liked it even better this way. And then of course I found this nice pattern Palisel that I was able to twist and turn to my own ends.

IMG_0415

IMG_0410


I wasn't entirely happy with the decreases, but they're much better than my first try and I was tired of messing with it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooh! I like that! That's one of those colors that's hard to get when you try.. unless you do it the way you did and make it a happy accident :)

Adrienne said...

It turned out really cute!!

Lystessa said...

Thanks ladies!