Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Some of the Crafty

I finally got some pictures of the baby hat I alluded to earlier. It was a ton of stitches to cast on for a baby hat, but it was very cute and enjoyable to knit. I ran across one of my neighbors the other day and was somewhat surprised to see that she is expecting. Due in September... yeah, we don't actually see our neighbors very often.

Anyhow, she was as cute as could be and expecting a girl, and I just had to give her something (since I've been on a baby-knitting kick lately). I really should have given her the miniature booties, I suppose. She's Asian and so is her fella (probably husband but I didn't look for rings and I try not to assume), so if anyone's baby would have tiny enough feet at full term, she would be a good candidate. :^)

But I'm pretty sure she will get good use of the hat. I really hope it fits the baby during a winter season, haha.

Anyway, here are pictures!

IMG_2064

IMG_2062

IMG_2061

IMG_2065


In other news, I'm attempting to knit an octopus for the big sister of the twins. I'm almost done, but now I feel the crazy need to make a piratey (or maybe mermaidy) doll to go along with it. I've never made dolls before... but the ones I like the most have at the least a sculpey-ed head. So I gave it a try. The cats have since taken her for a wild night ride, stupid cats. I do have an armature for her, but I can't quite figure out what to do for the rest of her body and my hand-sewing skills leave something to be desired...

IMG_2049

IMG_2057

IMG_2048

Pretty cool for try #2, hey?

No comments: