Friday, August 08, 2008

More Dishtowels and Washcloths

Well, the title really says it all. I'm still having fun with the basket rib pattern, and I sort of invented a pattern of my own too. Unfortunately the washcloths are so variegated that you can't really see my pattern very well, but I mainly invented it so I could get to the end faster than garter stitch. ;^)

But first, the dishtowels:

IMG_2380

IMG_2377


The green was from a recycled cotton sweater, and the brown was elann Sonata (mercerized cotton).


And here are the washcloths. One of them is in the basket rib stitch, and the other is my own invention.

CO 30 stitches in long tail cast-on (baby washcloth size).
Knit back and forth for three rows.
Rows 1 & 4: *K2, P2* across, end K2.
Rows 2 & 3: *P2, K2* across, end P2.
Rows 5-8: K across.

Work rows 1-8 to total 5 pattern repeats. Then repeat rows 1-7. Bind off in knit stitch.


Here's the pic of both:

IMG_2434




My Pattern (it's reversible):

IMG_2432




Basket Rib:

IMG_2431

No comments: