Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very Close Now

I have been working on the sample and the pattern for Thalia a lot lately, and I am delighted to report that there is only one small bit left to do (pattern diagrams) before sending everything in. Whew!

I had originally thought that this yarn would be perfect for my pattern... but the gauge was a bit more different than I realized at first. So I had to tweak for my row gauge. Kind of a lot actually, although the gauge wasn't off that much. The pattern is very involved around the straps and I had to work through each size separately. Again. Hahaha.

Here is the sample of Thalia, pre-blocking. I extended the armhole by half an inch after making and wearing my prototype a bit, and I was delighted to find that this version fits very comfortably with the adjustment.



And the final completion, blocked and all. I didn't try it on after I blocked it... I don't know if I was superstitious or what! I'm going to wait and enjoy seeing it on Sanguine Gryphon's model (and hope that she doesn't have an extra-long torso, haha)!





And what else have I been doing? I did get a pair of felted slippers finished for my boy.


They took a fair bit of felting, and I did a few sessions of hand-felting to get them small enough and shaped right. They're from a Drops pattern, I made the smallest size with one strand of patons wool.

I also made a couple of hats before Christmas, for my nephews... and of course I forgot them when I left to visit family. Dur. But I remembered to bring the hats with me for their birthday (they're twins). I'm still working on the youngest nephew's hat, or rather I should say I'm still neglecting it with little left to be finished.

This is from the One for All Cap by Tuulia.


This is the Skull Hat by Gina (check the sidebar for the pattern).


I'll show the last hat if I ever finish it.